Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Correction

Previously, I wrote about a car that went around one day announcing something over a loudspeaker. It so happens that that day was the first day after daylight saving time, and that we were supposed to turn our clocks back. I hazarded a guess that the announcement might have been a reminder to be sure our clocks were changed. In tonight's American Corner conversation group, I was informed that this was not the case. Thanks to one reader of this blog who was present at the conversation group, I learned that, as in the US, the beginning and end of daylight saving time are announced in Serbian TV and newspapers, but that cars with loudspeakers are usually used to advertise some political candidate or upcoming nightclub party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew. I am glad that has been straightened out!

Fair guess though.